Monday, February 6, 2012

Data Drvien Teacher

After reading the article Data Driven Teachers, I think I could see myself using this in the classroom with hopes of getting improvement out of my students. What I think is the key to it is what changes myself the teacher makes. Hopefully after gathering the summative data and analyzing it properly, it is important that I make the neccessary changes in order to challenge my students to get them to improve. The changes made are what makes the Data Driven Teachers theory effective.

1 comment:

  1. I agree Sean. I believe that data can be extremely useful in assessing and implementing efferective learning strategies. That being said, I do not believe it should rule the way in which one conducts his or her classroom. We must not become slaves to data. We should take statistics at face value and attempt to garner some information from them. Afterall, data is comprised of statistics and we all know, or at least should be aware, that statistics are easily manipulated.

    ReplyDelete