Monday, January 30, 2012

Digital Generation Post.

From the article, Understanding the Digital Generation, one thing that I found interesting was the "Learning Styles" section. It states that "Digital learners prefer receiving information quickly from multiple multimedia sources." This made me think about any time a breaking news story occurs or something big happens in a sporting event. First I hear about it from Facebook, as 10-12 friends will make it their status. Then If I log on my Twitter again, there will be 10-12 people tweeting about the event that has occurred, and it will show up in "Trending Topics." Then if I am really lucky I will recieve a text message or two asking did you hear about this, did you see that, ect. So I would have to completely agree with the statement made in this article.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I agree. And this article was written over a year ago, and even in that short amount of time, think about how much has changed as far as getting information. By the time you are teaching, things may be very different.

    ReplyDelete